Please Dust the Condoms
The house has been a wreck for the past few weeks … or months. I can’t remember the last time I saw the top of my desk. So, instead of wasting another weekend cooking, cleaning, and generally not relaxing, I hired cleaners and set them up a bi-weekly schedule.
After 3 1/2 hours, they finished scrubbing and dusting and I learned quite a bit about myself.
- For a single woman, I create a lot of dirt.
- I obviously do not use my entire dining room table. There were cobwebs between the table and one of the chairs.
- The cleaners doubt my ability to put clean sheets on my bed and clean towels in the bathroom so they changed everything for me. Good call … good call.
- I’m not very good at picking up my “personal” items but the cleaners were nice enough to dust the condoms and personal lubricant.
- I don’t need a husband to share in the housework. I need either a wife or a team of cleaners to pick up after me, my dogs, and my cat.
I feel good with the cleaning. I mean, I can walk across the floor without slipping on the drifts of dog hair. I noticed they were not able to clear off my desk. It might be an OSHA violation to ask them to set it right. It kind of looks like a Jenga desk.
What did I learn from all of this? Yep. Those condoms have probably exceeded their shelf life which tells me I need a ‘real’ social life.